5 Things to Do during Your Time Off if You’re Taking a Business Trip to San Diego
Offering stunning ocean views and multiple to-do list possibilities, San Diego is a perfect place to visit for both business and pleasure. If you happen to be planning a business trip here, you can still have some pleasurable moments for yourself during your time off. Below, the friendly team from Sunrise Inn San Diego, one of the most ideally located and budget-friendly hotels in San Diego, offer five suggestions.
1. Wind Down in the Gaslamp Quarter
A great place to find an assortment of things to do in one convenient place if you’re limited with your off time is the Gaslamp Quarter. This is San Diego’s main downtown neighborhood, which puts it in close proximity to places where you may have business-related things to do. Relax and unwind here while checking out Gaslamp Quarter destinations that include:
• Clubs and cocktail lounges, if you prefer this scene
• Rooftop bars, if you prefer to take in the view in a more open way and with access to frosty brews
• Theaters, if you wish to enjoy live music, comedy, or drama performances
• Chain restaurants and independent eateries where you can sample regional and globally inspired dishes
2. Explore Balboa Park
Rightfully described as a cultural oasis, Balboa Park is another place where you can quickly go if you’re in town for business and have limited free time. Featuring open spaces and an abundance of natural amenities, this popular urban park is home to more than a dozen museums, an assortment of themed gardens, tranquil walking paths perfect for casually exploring while de-stressing after a busy day of conferences or meetings, and the iconic San Diego Zoo.
3. Shop & Dine in Seaport Village
Overlooking San Diego Bay, Seaport Village houses an assortment of dining destinations, shops, galleries, and other appealing waterfront offerings. Only a hop, skip, and a jump from the heart of downtown SD, it’s an extremely convenient place to go during your business trip to sample local cuisine, taste award-winning wines by the glass or bottle, and pick up unique finds to take back with you.
4. Take in a Game
Even with the Chargers now based in Los Angeles, San Diego has many live sports options you can enjoy during your off time if you’re taking a business trip here. The most popular local option is baseball at Petco Park. Adjacent to the convention center, it’s home to the San Diego Padres and known for its magnificent views. Pechanga Arena in the city’s Midway area hosts lacrosse and indoor soccer and football games, and Torero Stadium is where you can catch the University of San Diego’s football team play if you’ll be here in late summer or fall.
5. Plan One Unique Memorable Experience
If you only have time for one truly unique and memorable experience during your off time in San Diego while here on business, there are some very appealing one-of-a-kind options to consider. With a little advance planning, you can make arrangements for any of the following options prior to arriving in town for your business trip:
• A helicopter tour providing a bird’s-eye view of the entire area
• A kayak tour that includes visits to sea caves in La Jolla
• A VIP wine tasting at a local urban winery
• A hot-air balloon ride that slowly takes you over America’s Finest City as the sun sets
• A beach tour that makes it easier for busy travelers to see the many stunning and picturesque beaches in the area
Whether you’re coming to San Diego for business or pleasure, book your room today at Sunrise Inn San Diego, one of the most comfortable hotels near downtown San Diego. You’ll be amazed by our affordable rates as well as our spacious rooms, stunning views of the harbor, and convenient location near many of the most popular attractions in America’s Finest City. Call one of our friendly staff members today at (619) 223-5544.