Great Ways for Visitors to Enjoy Their Time in San Diego
From gorgeous ocean views and mouthwatering local cuisine to a lively entertainment and cultural scene, it’s no secret that San Diego has much to offer. It’s understandable to want to make the most of your time when visiting America’s Finest City. Below, the friendly team from Sunrise Inn San Diego, one of the most ideally located and budget-friendly San Diego hotels, offer suggestions to boost your odds of achieving this goal while spending some time in San Diego.
Try Not to Overplan
It’s fine to have a general idea of what you want to see and do when visiting San Diego. But also leave some room in your schedule so you can add a few unplanned things here and there once you arrive and get a feel for the city. Not overstuffing your travel itinerary ultimately leaves room for you to:
• Get recommendations from locals
• Spend more time doing things you find especially enjoyable while you’re here
• Fully relax and unwind during your time in San Diego
Be Prepared for Cooler Evenings
It’s not unusual for warmer San Diego days to cool down to mild sweater weather in the evenings as the sun goes down, at least during certain times of the year. Be prepared for cooler ocean breezes during your visit by packing a light jacket or hoodie along with your beachwear, shorts, and tees.
Experience Fun Historic Sites
First laid out in 1867, San Diego is a city with a rich history. In fact, there are many local historic sites that are still just as appealing today as they were decades ago, and some of them are places where you can have a lot of fun during your visit. Two possibilities include:
• Belmont Park – A Mission Bay beachfront amusement park dating back to 1925, Belmont Park is home to the Giant Dipper roller coaster, a plunge swimming pool, restaurants, shops, and much more.
• San Diego Zoo – Located in Balboa Park and dating to 1916 when there was a need to house abandoned exotic animals from the 1915 Panama-California Exposition, the San Diego Zoo now encompasses 100 acres and houses more than 12,000 animals.
Check Out Less Crowded Local Beaches
La Jolla Cove Beach, Pacific Beach, and other popular San Diego beaches are certainly worth visiting during your time here. However, if you prefer less crowded options, consider some of the beaches that tend to be better known by locals. For instance, Windansea Beach, which is located in La Jolla, has perfect waves for surfing and beautiful sunset views, but it’s usually not too crowded.
Consider Booking Themed Tours
Many businesses throughout the San Diego area offer tours with specific themes that appeal to both locals and visitors. You’ll have more flexibility with tour times and dates if you book in advance before arriving. Exploring options before your visit also gives you a chance to discover more unique local tours, some of which include:
• Microbrewery, bar, winery, and craft beer tours
• Segway tours for an up-close-and-personal look at popular San Diego neighborhoods
• Go-cart tours of downtown and nearby areas like Old Town
• Guided scooter tours that include the popular Gaslamp Quarter
With so much to enjoy in San Diego, it will take several days to cross everything off your must-see list, so reserve your room today at Sunrise Inn San Diego. When they’re looking for comfortable and affordable hotels near downtown San Diego, visitors will be amazed by our unbeatable rates as well as our spacious rooms, stunning views of the harbor, and location close to the best attractions in America’s Finest City. Call one of our friendly staff members today at (619) 223-5544.